Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Secret Curse of Hollywood Stars

I found this excellent piece by David Kupelian over at World Net Daily:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3)

"As a little boy I was transfixed, along with the rest of America, by the annual television rebroadcast of "The Wizard of Oz," starring 16-year-old singer-actress Judy Garland in the role of Dorothy. Her soulful acting, her classic rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," the story's dramatic final scene ("I'm not going to leave here ever again, because I love you all! And – Oh, Auntie Em – there's no place like home!") touched millions.

Garland was so talented, so beautiful. So perfect.

So it came as a shock when my parents told me this gifted young lady was miserable and had died of a sleeping pill overdose. Indeed, when she left this earth at the much-too-early age of 47, Judy Garland had struggled for two decades with drug-and-alcohol addiction, had been married five times, was plagued with self-doubt and had made several suicide attempts."

Continue reading here

HAT TIP: World Net Daily